Jan 1, 2009

Sweets For My Sweet




















I found this photo for my cake blog, wading through the pathetic electronic mire of my unorganized digital photos. It's the Valentine's Day cake I made for the Esq, two years ago. As you can see, it's shaped like
Ignignokt, leader of the Mooninites; the Mooninites can be seen on that strangely hilarious show, Aqua Teen Hunger Force. We used to watch the show all the time, but I skipped the movie based on the promotional movie poster; it was too ridiculous, even for me--and that's really saying something. I've seen Save the Last Dance 3. Twice.

One of my favorite pointless past times is the Mooninite Random Quote Generator, which, as stated, gives you a random Mooninite quote from either Ignignokt or his angry, drug-addicted sidekick, Err. It's always good for a secret snort-laugh. You know, the one you make and then look around the room as though you're under surveillance. Like you're anywhere near that interesting.

Ignigknokt: "Alright, when I say your name, you say 'here.' And we will assume 'here' is short for 'here I am... rock you like a hurricane.'

I rocked the Esq like a hurricane with this cake, I'm telling you. That was the year he cooked dinner for me--chicken saltimbocca, I think. He was very proud of himself for not burning down the house; I was happy it was edible--good, even. The cake was so annoying to make, but worth it to see his face light up like a kid in a candy store like a kid on Christmas morning like a Nazi. Nothing says 'I love you' more than a blue middle finger.

8 comments:

Michelle Auer said...

I tried to comment on this, and it gave me some weird error. Hmmm.. Basically I said something about how cool this is and how we should have a bake off sometime and how you would win. Yup. good stuff. ;-)
Happy New Year!

Snotty McSnotterson said...

I doubt I would win--I've seen all the stuff you create, I'm sure you could bake up a yummy treat. :)

Happy New Year to you and the fam! And the kitteh. Oh, the kitteh. *mow*

Anonymous said...

Holy shit, this is really cool looking--I can't believe you made that! (You know what I mean.)

Rock on, girl.

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Thanks, yo. I thought you would like--I saw that cool cake you did a while back. I hope your man appreciated it!

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying yuor cake blog, since I'm a baker too. This is fantastic!

I found your other blog through Yelp. Keep up the good work~

~Mike D.

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Thanks, Mike--hey, are we friends on Yelp? If not, go ahead and add me. Thanks for jumping blogs! :)

Sally Tomato said...

I keep hearing about and missing out on this Aqua Teen Hunger Force. And your cakes and cupcakes.

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Liberate yourself in 2009, girlfriend: Arrested Development and Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Both out on DVD now. GO!