Jan 5, 2009

MeMe Me Me Meeee





















I received my first 2009 Meme Challenge, although I don't think it's actually called a 'challenge'; it's more like a thinly-veiled way for me to talk more about myself. If that's even remotely possible.

The meme in question came by way of the Comedy Goddess, who in turn received the 'award' (how is it an award?) from someone called A. Every time I see A's mysterious moniker, I think of MR. F (of Arrested Development fame).

I don't usually like these, but this one is delightfully free from structure--except for two things: I have to tell the truth--TEN TIMES, that's like a deposition or something--and I have to pass it on to someone else. To be quite... ah, honest ... "honesty" and "sharing" are "concepts" I don't exactly "believe in". But it's 2009, and anything can happen, so I'll give it a go.

10 Things About Me That You Probably Don't Need to Know:

1. I'm adopted, but I've met my biological family. Growing up, I thought I'd been kidnapped from Polynesian royalty by my extremely-white parents; isn't that how every adopted kid's fantasy goes? Turns out they weren't royalty, but happily confused Mormons.

2. I hate these words: moist, emo, and fan-fucking-tastic.

3. I love these words: umlaut, twitterpated, and freckle.

4. I loved the movie Enchanted, and have seen it five times. No, I'm not kidding. At least it's a parody, and not a real princess movie like The Princess Diaries, which I own.

5. My number one travel destination right now is Iceland--and my preferred travel partner, after the Esq, would be Anthony Bourdain; and if I thought permission could be obtained, I would totally have crazy Icelandic Bjork-sex with him. (When I asked for permission just now, he said 'Maybe... if you poison him afterwards.') Works for me.

6. I wish I had a dessert blog like Cakespy.

7. I think the coolest homes are the ones with bright red doors. My grandparents always had these China Red doors, which were pretty progressive for their day, design-wise: front door, back door, garage doors. I hope to carry on the tradition one day; I know the Esq will be on board with anything Communist-colored.

8. I did a New Year's Cleanse with Byron Katie in Los Angeles, a couple of years ago, with my parents; it was really strange, and really awesome. The Work has helped my family become closer to each other, and learn about self-inflicted suffering, which is totally fucking pointless. I think it gave us a way to work on our own shit, rather than expecting people around us to change or act differently. I would also like to say: Oprah knew about Katie AFTER me, thank you very much.

9. I've dated three drug dealers. Bleh. Are you looking for a winner? Because HERE I AM.

10. When I imitate the Esq, I always sound like a foppish, 18th-century upper-class Victorian; I imagine he's wearing a top hat and a monocle. The best part about this: I'm not the only one, because most of my friends do this, too. I have the best foppish boyfriend around.

There you have it. Now I'm supposed to 'tag' seven other people to do this--how about I name seven people, and if they want to do it, fine--if not, no skin off my teeth. Enjoy!

Peeps: Art for Daily Life, Borderline Shy/Wild, The Perverse, Pluto Drive, I Wanna See the Movies of My Dreams, Mud, Sweat, and Beers, Edited for Television.

There was some kind of a tag that went with this, but I'm late for a date with Target; plus, those award tags are just so you'll click on it and go to A's page, which you can do through both links I posted. I'm off to see The Wizard.

16 comments:

Everyday Goddess said...

I am happy you took up the charge! Such a great list. I would add ointment to#2. Hate that word.

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Thanks for tagging me! (That's what she said.)

Manthony said...

Actually, speaking of #2 on your list, the word 'meme' kind of creeps me out. But I'll still accept your quasi-tag because I would rather write random things about myself than unload the dishwasher or do laundry. I'm sure you understand.

FreNeTic said...

Hmmm. My #1 will be "I'm an incurable procrastinator", followed by, #2: "I like to create expectations that will never be met."

I'll be more creative with the last 8...:)

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Manthony: that's the spirit! Can't wait to read it.

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Benannerammadingdonnnnng...

You always make me LOL. I expect great things from your last 8.

matt said...

Oh jeebus, thanx for not tagging me. I hate people. *coughs*
I mean. Other people.
Oh, shit...


nevermind.

matt said...

Um, "Björk -sex?"

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Matt, you can be tagged if you want; since you're an artist--a finicky one, at that--I assume you're above mainstream memes that ultimately lead nowhere.

Yeah, Bjork-sex. You know, like someone is clutching a doll with no eyes and another person is wearing a panda suit, running through the forest, and it's all done to whale sounds. That kind of sex.

The Candid Yank said...

my home has a bright red door.

Mike said...

Against my better judgement, I have completed your challenge, sir.
--------------------
http://mudsweatbeers.blogspot.com/
--------------------

matt said...

Hawt.

Sally Tomato said...

My neice had a teacher named Ms. Moist. She looked at me funny every time i giggled when she said her name.

I love the word MOISSSSSSSSSSST. And soup.

Kate said...

I would add cool beans to #2. It's like verbal diarrhea to me.

Anonymous said...

I hate the word panty. I would rather call them underwear - even if there's not much there. Like today, I was so tired that I wore my underwear inside out for half of the day.

I didn't get tagged by you but by my rough and tumble guy. Fun change of posting for me!

Michelle Auer said...

I have to agree with you about twitterpated.