Jan 7, 2009

Bye Bye Blogger




















I went without a cell phone for over a week, and without the intarwebbs FOR AN ENTIRE DAY... I felt like we were living in the Dark Ages. You know, back before the first iPhone came out (you were but a wee babe, I'm sure).

In happier news, I'm leaving Blogger--so the blog will look completely different in the next couple of weeks. Why am I forsaking them? 1) I've outgrown it, 2) I need more control, 3) Blogger can't make it snow on my blog, 4) I'm tired of all the ERROR ERROR DOES NOT COMPUTE messages, and 5) there's no expandable summary tag, which is redonkulous. So you can suck my expandable summary tag, Blogger; I hope you can keep up with technology in the future. Rick wants me to, I don't know, finish the Esq's degree in Computer Science and start my own web design company, but I'm lazy wary; I look forward to learning more about designing a webpage and customizing the blog, but for now, I'm focused on content. Namely getting some content on here. Once that happens, I'll let you know. (It might not be obvious.)

Now that the internets are back on, I'll be back on tomorrow morning; I need to post on the cake blog, and then catch up with correspondence. Thanks again to Bangs McGee for sending me to Smitten Kitchen; I made the salted white chocolate oatmeal cookies, and they were pretty darn good. Especially since I'm not a fan of white chocolate or oatmeal--that's usually the best test. Do I hate all of the ingredients in this item? Heck yeah! Then it makes sense that I should put all of those ingredients in my mouth! Sounds smart! (Well, it worked out this time.)

Addendum: if you would like to see why I do not want to design my own website, in the words of someone else, go here. She says it better.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Smitten Kitchen is my favorite food blog. I don't know why I forgot to tell you about it.
I think web design would suit you though. Listen to Rick from now on.
Are you going to typepad or ?

Snotty McSnotterson said...

I think web design would suit YOU, since Rick seems to think so. I'm into understanding how something works, but not wholly--not when someone else could bring my vision to life without me killing myself. I get very easily frustrated with technology, and have a hard time with not doing it right the first time. I also hate computers, which is a problem.

Wordpress. I like the cake blog and how clean it feels to me. It won't necessarily be that layout, but I'm ready to try something new. While I'm working with Wordpress, I can use the free time I'm not screaming at Blogger to figure out how to build a webpage and be a computer programmer. That's the plan, anyways.

Right now, the only reason I don't find a separate server and build my own page is money, which I hope won't be such a problem NEXT year. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Anonymous said...

I was just about to send you over to Smitten Kitchen. A friend made the apocalyptic chocolate hazelnut cake, but subbed Nutella for the peanut butter glaze. I thought of you.

Now send me a text on my new number so I can put you in my phone.

Anonymous said...

Yup, Barb should start a web design company. And train Yeti, so he could help.

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Kiki, I'll text you today. Are you baking now? You should start baking, and sending me photos to either envy or laugh at. XO

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Rick: THIS IS A GOOD IDEA. When she finally gets the company up and running, I'll probably hire her and Yeti to build me a webpage. See, you always have the best ideas.

Unknown said...

Rick does have good ideas, but not about training Yeti. I think he may have been being ironic. Yeti has long and hairy arms, completely unsuitable for web design.

Snotty McSnotterson said...

LOL barb, I never thought about Yeti's hairy arms. Maybe Panda. Or Robot.

Anonymous said...

Geez, Barb, now you made all of the gangly, hairy armed web developers reading these comments feel bad.

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Oh. My. God. NOW I see how you two are related. You guys make me snort out loud (SOL?).

Unknown said...

You didnt have a phone either? It sucked so bad, I felt like a limb was missing!

So your leaving blogger? I think you have said this before...

Dont go!

Snotty McSnotterson said...

I'm a-leaving, girl. Don't worry, the URL will still be the same, just the look will be different. I like Wordpress a lot better than Blogger (sorry Blogger fans).