Jan 8, 2009

The Nogg Turns One














M
y longtime BFF and her family moved to [ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME] Nashville, Tennessee this week; her husband is doing post-doc work at Vanderbilt, which is awesome, but it's in Nashville, which is basically the poopier side of awesome. Oh, I'm down with visiting Tennessee (Dollywood, here I come!), but it's more expensive to get there than if she lived in, say, Seattle. Right next door to me.

I was lucky enough to have some time to say goodbye last Sunday, and spend a little time with her wee one, The Nogg (nicknamed for her ginormous, carrot-y noggin). I made a birthday cookie cupcake for her first birthday, which was on New Year's Eve, but better late than never.














The stupid crappy snow cut our visit short, but it was still nice to see Kim and The Nogg before they left. I miss them already, and think they've been gone long enough, thank you very much.

I hope Tennessee is ready for Snotty McSnotterson, because I plan on tearing that place up. Did you know that there are more churches there than actual people? At least that's what I heard (I may be exaggerating). I'm excited to hear Kim's stories about her foray into the religious underbelly of Nashville--it's not really an underbelly, more of an above-board, standardized way of life you must conform to, which I understand. She'd better not come back with big hair and fake boobs, although I think that's a Texas thing, and not Tennessee. Booo, Texass.


18 comments:

Unknown said...

That cupcake is as adorable as the Nogg herself.

Snotty McSnotterson said...

SHE IS!

Anonymous said...

Is she going to grow into that?

Anonymous said...

Awww, I agree!!

Btw, if you ever do go to Tennessee, make sure you go to Nashville. They simply have the best bars I've ever been to; most of them have live blues acts, totally authentic, and there's ALWAYS something to do. That town doesn't shut down even after 2am when the bars close!

Brigitte said...

Couple things :

VANDERBILT MANSION?? IN ASHVILLE?? I LOVE THAT PLACE!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE DOLLYWOOD! MOM AND I WENT THERE ONCE. MY AMERICAN SIDE IS FROM THE SOUTH -- AND, LET ME TELL YOU, HICKS IS OK TO SAY!

PLEASE WEAR A COWBOY HAT.

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Kiki... grow into what? Into her adorable face? Probably. She's a Daywalker, dude, not a full-on Ginger Kid.

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Well, Joanna, Nashville is where I would go since that's where they moved and apparently I have family there on my father's side. Woooooohoo!

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Brigitte: never heard of the Vanderbilt mansion, although I assume it has something to do with The Vanderbilts. If not, what an amazing coincidence.

They don't make cowboy hats my size.

Brigitte said...

Actually, I think its the BILTMORE MANSION --- i was wrong

matt said...

I hear that, in Nashville, the cops carry capos, 'case you wanna change yer key.

That's what I hear.

I also hear, that fer the South, Nashville can be fun.
Fun if you:
a.) Like the country music
b.) dislike rockin' the boat

Ergo: you're screwed, pard'ner.

matt said...

They probably also don't make cowboy hats The Nogg's size...

Snotty McSnotterson said...

LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Matt: I totally like country music. Like, 12 whole albums of it. But yeah, it will be hard finding a cowboy hat my size or The Nogg's size (which are probably the SAME size, actually).

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Brigitte: Biltmore Mansion. Cool! Looked it up, very pretty.

Unknown said...

Never been to TN, I would totally go to Dollywood!!!

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Dude, we would tear Dollywood a new asshole, that's how much fun we would have. I can't wait, actually--I think it will be a blast!

Anonymous said...

I just saw this-such a good picture of my baby girl and a sweet post! I miss you already.

So far I am weirded out by the lack of curbside recycling (RECYCLABLES GO IN THE GARBAGE) and I am trying to figure out when it is appropriate to say Ma'am. :)

Love you Bee!

Snotty McSnotterson said...

LilRed: you're going to be the hippie that turns Nashville into a recyclin' town. :) You'll be worshiped at Whole Foods. I say MA'AM when they're clearly over 50, and if they're under or right around that age, I say it in the same way I would "girlfriend". Ironically. Less trouble that way.

I miss you guys so much! XO