Sep 30, 2008

The Much-Improved Fruits of Our Labor

Photo: I love my home.













Posted by Picasa
I know it's only the living room and entryway (although our hallway doubles as a dining room), but no one cares about the bathroom--which is filled to the brim with my loose hair since I shed like a yeti--and the bedroom isn't blog-worthy because it's next on the overhauling list. You'll never see the kitchen, unless you physically come over, because it's my office and I don't like messing with my creative space. You have to be pretty creative to make your kitchen into an office, believe me; it takes a lot of love, imagination, and painkillers to make your kitchen a workspace. Yes, indeedy-doo.

I wish the photos were better, but I had to make do with my camera phone, the same camera phone that has no flash, very slow shutter speed, and a knack for making everything look fuzzy. Thank you to Palm who did a minimal amount of work in the maximum amount of time so they could make my phone a reality; I cannot wait for a fourth-generation Google phone, or whenever a good one is coming out. I shake my fist at you, IPhone (mostly because I don't have one).


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks fucking great marika and justin, kudos, when we coming over?--jenny

Manthony said...

Lookin' good! I notice that the "chair of doom" is still there though. Is it reserved for unwanted guests?

Also, the word verification, uh, word, was: "wootpmpf." I'm not sure what it would mean, but I would use it ALL the time if I had a definition; i.e. "That Sarah Palin sure is a wootpmpf!"

Sally Tomato said...

Your place is BITCHIN'! I love it! Now i want to surf your couch.

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Jenny--next week?

Manthonyyyyy... Chair of Doom gets fixed this weekend!!! We're taking it down to the farm and my dad's having a go at it.

Wen: You could be our first!

Sally Tomato said...

Perfect. I love poppin' cherries.

Anonymous said...

Last time I saw your place it was filled to the brim with moving boxes! Looks great, Bee!

We'll be doing a major overhaul of our place soon...getting rid of YEARS worth of junk to get the house ready for "staging". This is when I wish you & Auticia lived nearby...

Start saving $$ for Dollywood & the Grand Ol' Opry!

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Thanks! You saw the SERIOUS BEFORE and now here is the SERIOUS AFTER. I almost wish I'd taken Before pictures so people could see the ginormous change. After you left, it pretty much stayed that way until last week. For REALS.

Maybe I can hold your baby while you do all of the work on your house.... :)

matt said...

*chortle*
Sarah Palin is TOTALLY a "wootpmpf."
And now the great blog-god speaks to me and suggests "eewui." Amazingly that's the noise that my self makes involuntarily when SP is on the TV.

Potential drinking game for the Veep Debate: pound REAL RUSSIAN vodka everytime Palin mentions her "view," pund 1 full bottle of Alaskan Amber everytime she starts any sentence (though whether she can actually form a real sentence is in itself debatable) with "In Alaska, we say..."

HELP US OBAMA, YOU'RE OUR ONLY HOPE

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Um, I would be hammered by her second sentence. Doesn't seem... democratic.

Unknown said...

I wish there were some Before pics (can't I put quotes around before?). But this looks great nevertheless. It looks like you have some original art in there too...credits?

Buttercup said...

KJ got an iPhone. So jealous!

The place is adorable.

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Barb--the blue/red painting in the hallway was done by my BFF's ex Tom Nelson and I'm just holding it for her. I think it's called Religion Fashion and Robots Made Simple. The big unframed (but hopefully framed soon) poster above our 'dining table' is the Manon Lescaut Seattle Opera poster. The framed one in the living area is a Trish Grantham piece I picked up in Portland--she's one of my favorite artists. Hm, and I guess the framed weeping clown in the corner (you can't really see him) is new, but I got him at a thrift store for irony. Of course.

I have so much artwork, but don't like putting it up until it's framed--we're in the process of trying to AFFORD frames, like checking at thrift stores for them and going cheap at Target, etc. I can't believe how much that stuff costs!

Snotty McSnotterson said...

And how could I forget! A framed David Bowie record above the record player. :)