Nov 13, 2008

Connecticut Gets Fabulous

















Above: As seen on Rad Dudes.

Connecticut has balls the size of California. Big, liberal, gay ones.

I got an email from an anonymous shithead reader that said, 'God still loves you, even though you support killing innocent babies and gays getting unlawfully married.' FUCK, DUDE. Are you and Him, like, BFFs? Did you guys have a rad sleepover where you stayed up past midnight in your jammies? And you were all EWW SN0TTY EWW and He was like I KNOW RIGHT and then He braided your hair and washed your feet and wept? And then you guys built a structurally-unsound blanket fort and told each other secrets inside of it? And God happened to casually mention that He really does love me, despite the fact that I'm pro-choice and a staunch supporter of equal rights. He actually told you that, to your face. Like I said before: FUCK, DUDE.

And guess what? It's not unlawful for gays to get married, not in every state. Two down, 48 to go.

Great comment posted on the L.A. Times blog: "Congrats to CT! Fortunately there is no initiative process there and apparently no appetite for amending the constitution either. It is rather ironic that the Knights of Columbus are based in New Haven; they pumped tons of money into the
Yes On 8 side and now they have same-sex marriage in their backyard! How fitting!"

New favorite blog: RAD DUDES, and their URL is as funny as the blog itself: www.radduderadkidradlady.blogspot.com. A hysterical good time; thanks to Bangs McGee's betrothed (Mr. McGee!) for Tweeting it. Apparently the folks over at punditkitchen.com were, and I quote, "roflcopter"-ing about it. Another great website, by the way--definitely check it out.

I have more hate mail to sift through, and then I'm heading to the ballet. Maybe I'll do a three-way review (THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID) with the Lykke Li show, the Fujiya & Miyagi show, and the freaking ballet. I'm down with classical stuff--symphony, opera, Honey Bear bong technology--and I appreciate the ballet; but the ballet seems to be a place for small, quiet people, which isn't exactly optimal for this loudmouth heffer. And 'twas ever thus.

Feast your eyes upon this jelly while I am away:



Also, the photo blog has been updated!

[RADWORDS]: JELLY, HONEYBEAR, BONG, CONNECTICUT, ROFLCOPTER

8 comments:

matt said...

Re: That Video

Are you high?

Anonymous said...

I hate the ballet. Hate it. I spent the entire last time I went to the ballet either sleeping or playing bejeweled on my phone.

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Matt, re: Your Comment

Not currently. Check back later.

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Buttercup, when I picture you at the ballet, I totally see you playing Bejeweled.

This was hate-able, but also entertaining in ways.

Manthony said...

Love that video!

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Isn't that the coolest? I really like Festo, they do interesting work.

Anonymous said...

After you sent me that link I called my Mom and asked her to scan some old photos so I could represent as a Rad Dude :D

Snotty McSnotterson said...

I can totally see you as a Rad Dude. I'm going to be contributing to the Mom Fwds blog, since I receive so many (from my mom and other moms).